Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 1: The Journey to Finance Director - the Essential Context
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
You've made, or are just about to make, the crucial step from accountant to a senior finance professional such as financial controller or director. In order to succeed at this level you need strong interpersonal skills - technical skills alone will not be enough. This five day modular course is aimed at enhancing these important interpersonal skills to help deal with the new and challenging environment which you will soon be facing. It's carefully tailored to the needs of those aspiring to a senior finance role.
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at individuals recently appointed to, or aspiring to, senior positions such as financial controller or director where interpersonal and communication skills are expected from the board and other senior executives. They are applicable to both the private and public sector.
What will you gain?
The means to make a step-change in your personal performance.
You need to be aware of and understand the legal, regulatory and organisational context of arriving at a more senior position.
This workshop will help you:
- know what you really must know to perform the duties of a director or similar senior finance professional
- manage relationships with investors and other external stakeholders
- understand the reality of ‘politics’ within organisations and how this can impact decision making
- know what steps to take if facing an issue of ethics and integrity when you are on the front line
- action planning and self evaluation
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||18 Sep 2018
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM