Driving Down Costs
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
- Finance managers will benefit from learning how the finance function can be a strategic leader on cost management.
- HR managers will discover how to manage the cost of in-house staff.
Learning outcomes include a greater understanding of:
A toolkit of key ideas and cost management strategies, frameworks for analysing cost and practical techniques for implementing cost reduction. The course will cover urgent one-time cost cutting and sustained long-term cost management. It will also address how to balance tough cost management with core values, team motivation and growth.
- Leadership: how managers can take the lead and set the tone.
- Techniques and tactics: generalised ideas, approaches and analytical frameworks.
- People: how to tackle the most difficult cost area, full-time staff and the role of HR.
- Suppliers: all other cost categories, from raw materials to outsourced services.
- The internet and globalisation.
- Lateral thinking: how to turn conventional thinking about cost on its head.
- Cost management as strategy in areas like M&A, pricing and new growth opportunities.
- A cost-cutting case study.
- “Intelligent” vs. “unintelligent” cost management.
- Cost containment: how to pre-empt cost growth.
- How the finance function can be a strategic leader on cost.
- Cost in the public sector.
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."