Developing into a Finance Director
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
Recently appointed and future finance directors in all sectors and sizes of organisation.
The purpose of the course is to give the newly appointed finance director an understanding of how to be an effective director and member of the board. The day will look at the role of the director from two perspectives:
- how to conform to the requirements of being a director
- how to perform effectively in that role.
- Understanding the role of the board and the role of governance.
- Being able to determine the board’s effectiveness.
- Understanding how people behave differently within the board setting.
- Determining how a board can improve its effectiveness.
- Governance and how it affects individual directors.
- How to induct a new director.
- Understanding the duties and responsibilities of a director.
- Understand the role of the board in setting goals and suitable strategies to achieve those goals.
- Using the CIMA Strategic scorecard to help boards address strategy and its implementation.
- Leadership – what is the role of a leader and the key attributes for an effective leader.
- What are the different styles of leadership and how and when should each be used.
Learning outcomes will include being able to:
- explain the key roles of the board and assess its effectiveness
- advise on how to improve board effectiveness
- explain the legal duties and liabilities of directors
- apply the CIMA Strategic Scorecard to assess the company’s current position, advise on strategic options and implement decisions effectively
- engage board members in consideration of current and future risks
- apply different leadership styles to enhance personal performance.
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||17 Oct 2018
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM