The Strategically Focused Accountant
Exploring the accountant’s role in strategy development and delivery
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
- Accountants, financial managers and financial directors who wish to enhance their strategic thinking ability and strategic role.
- Those who would like to acquire these skills with the aim of progressing their career.
- Finance professionals who see the need for the accountant to move from counting to consulting and coaching.
- Different views of strategy and what the accountant can bring to the table…and how different strategies impact on the accountant.
- Group discussions considering the various processes and models for promoting strategic thinking.
- Considering a revised process for quality strategic thinking.
- An overview of available tools in each area of the strategic thinking process.
- Organisational behaviour: making sure the business contributes and can deliver the strategy.
- Case studies: how and why business strategies succeed…or fail!
- Action planning and next steps.
Learning outcomes include obtaining:
- an understanding of different methodologies and tools to develop and deliver business strategy gained through discussion with other finance professionals
- a challenge to the traditional view of the accountant’s role in strategy development
- different views of strategy and its impact on your business and role
- a process for good strategic thinking and adding value to your business
- an overview of a range of practical tools for strategic analysis and formulation
- a methodology that makes sure your strategy stays vital!
"A certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||10 Dec 2018
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM