CFO of the Future 4 - Flexible Planning & Rolling Forecasts
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
The CFO of the Future workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staff and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
Spread out over the year, these workshops will bring you up to speed with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation. Based on many insights into how the best CFOs have improved their finance operations, the series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance.
p>The other workshops are: :
Book the series or choose individual workshops - it could be the defining moment in your career.
CFO of the Future 4 – Flexible Planning & Rolling Forecasts Many thought leaders believe that the present levels of uncertainty and turbulence are the new ‘normal’. That’s one of the reasons why they are saying that the annual planning and budgeting process no longer makes any sense (it also takes too long, costs too much and adds too little value). This workshop focuses on how do you break free from short-term targets and budgets and replace them with systems that enable the organisation to be more flexible.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- The importance of a regular macroeconomic review prior to business planning and forecasting.
- What are the key elements of a well constructed business plan
- Setting goals based on relative performance and realignment of rewards.
- Building a more dynamic strategic planning process (including scenario planning).
- Designing and implementing true rolling forecasts.
- Alternative budgetary methods – Zero based, Activity Based, Output Based
- How to rethink the roles of the executive, support services and front line (value centre) team.
- More advanced forecast capabilities to reduce error using simple statistical and non-statistical techniques
- Case examples are drawn from a wide range of organisations
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||22 Nov 2018
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM