Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 4: Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating Skills
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
You've made, or are just about to make, the crucial step from accountant to a senior finance professional such as financial controller or director. In order to succeed at this level you need strong interpersonal skills - technical skills alone will not be enough. This five day modular course is aimed at enhancing these important interpersonal skills to help deal with the new and challenging environment which you will soon be facing. It's carefully tailored to the needs of those aspiring to a senior finance role.
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at individuals recently appointed to, or aspiring to, senior positions such as financial controller or director where interpersonal and communication skills are expected from the board and other senior executives. They are applicable to both the private and public sector.
What will you gain?
The means to make a step-change in your personal performance.
You will often have decision making powers for the procurement of various goods and services from outside suppliers and will have to negotiate the optimum deal for your organisation. In addition there are many situations when senior finance executives have to negotiate with internal stakeholders, not least in the budget process. Increasingly finance leaders are the public face of the organisation and so influencing, persuading and negotiating skills are essential for relationship building whether it be with media, auditors, banks, funding regulators or customers.
This workshop will help you:
- understand the fundamentals of negotiation in situations such as procurement, budgeting and contracts
- negotiate more comfortably in a one-to-one negotiation
- understand the negotiation process and leverage it to achieve your desired negotiation outcomes
- develop effective interpersonal and communication skills to support your negotiation techniques
- understand negotiation theories and recognise the patterns that accompany them
- plan and participate in team negotiations
- recognise difficult negotiators and have strategies for dealing with them effectively
- action planning and self evaluation
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||17 Nov 2017
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM