Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 2: Communication & Presentation Skills
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
You've made, or are just about to make, the crucial step from accountant to a senior finance professional such as financial controller or director. In order to succeed at this level you need strong interpersonal skills - technical skills alone will not be enough. This five day modular course is aimed at enhancing these important interpersonal skills to help deal with the new and challenging environment which you will soon be facing. It's carefully tailored to the needs of those aspiring to a senior finance role.
The other modules are:
- Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 1: The Journey to Finance Director - the Essential Context
Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 3: Leadership & Management Skills
Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 4: Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating Skills
Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 5: Project & Stakeholder Management
Book the series or choose individual modules - it could be the defining moment in your career.
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at individuals recently appointed to, or aspiring to, senior positions such as financial controller or director where interpersonal and communication skills are expected from the board and other senior executives. They are applicable to both the private and public sector.
What will you gain?
The means to make a step-change in your personal performance.
You need to have the ability and confidence to communicate effectively with, and present clearly to, all levels of management, both financial and non-financial. The session will help you to leverage your financial expertise to effectively communicate and provide insight to the business to create impact.
This workshop will help you:
- understand the interests and requirements of different audiences
- confidently deliver on a financial topic to a non-financial audience
- increase confidence and overcome nerves
- improve delivery skills and presence through developmental work on voice, body language, rapport, timing and engagement
- understand, and use, auditory and visual aids appropriately and effectively, particularly in the presentation of numbers
- manage questions and responses from the audience
- build presentations for wider, external and public audiences
- action planning and self evaluation
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||09 Oct 2018
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM