FATCA - Essential Requirements (The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
Cost for BPP PD Members: £240 + VAT 3 CPD Hours
(£300.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act of the US has global application. It came into force on 1st July 2014. Most financial services firms in the UK, as well as elsewhere, will have to register and submit annual returns. They will also need to collect data from clients to enable them to determine tax domicile. Furthermore, they will need to develop systems to retain additional client information and to construct reports. Non-compliant firms will suffer withholding tax.
Senior executives, compliance professionals and operational staff of financial services firms.
Learning outcomes include a greater understanding of:
- The purpose and concept of FATCA
- The structure of FATCA regulations
- Practical obligations applicable to UK firms and firms based elsewhere
- The background to FATCA and the objectives of the US in introducing the legislation – what does the US expect to get out of all these new requirements?The functioning of the mechanisms for monitoring and enforcement of FATCA requirements – how the system is expected to work
- The structure of the regulations – interaction of US and UK requirements
- Practical requirements – what firms are actually obliged to do and scope for partial exemption
- Implementation measures that firms will need to take – for action
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||30 Oct 2018
||9:00 AM - 12:30 PM