Variance Analysis – understanding how to read your actual performance against budget
Cost for BPP PD Members: £415 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£599.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
Please click below to watch our short course introduction video
This course will be of benefit to budget holders and analysts, at all levels, who need to develop an understanding of how to analyse their company’s or divisional performance against budget. Staff who are expected to improve company performance will be given direction during this course.
This course is designed to give you the tools to ensure you are able to explore how the financial performance of the business compares to the budget or other benchmarks. It will not only allow you to build your confidence to identify changes in performance, but it will also build your confidence to explore the reasons behind these changes. This is referred to as variance analysis.
The course will explore, in a practical way, the common areas that a company’s financial performance could differ from that which was budgeted. It will allow you to explore how you can contribute to your company’s success by ensuring that positive areas of performance are identified whilst also identifying areas for improvement.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Understanding how to ensure an appropriate variance analysis is performed on your business
- Learn how to calculate variances to see where operations were favourable or adverse
- Develop a basis for interpreting variances appropriately so as to fully understand company performance
- Develop an understanding as to the importance of “controllability” within performance and the confidence to challenge explanations for poor performance
- Explore what impact variance analysis has on employees behaviour and working habits
"A certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
This course has an online live option available. Same expert presenters delivering the same content to your desk or mobile over multiple days in short 180 minute sessions. Watch our 5 minute explainer video to find out more.
Online LIVE Dates - - New trial offer for 2018, limited spaces available
All online live sessions are 02:00 pm to 05:00pm
||21 Sep 2018
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM