Financial Orders on Divorce - Drafting Consent Orders
Cost for BPP PD Members: £228 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£455.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will be of benefit to solicitors and legal executives in family law departments, with limited practical experience of drafting their own financial relief consent orders from the basic ‘clean break’ order to the more complex provisions involving property, pensions and collateral agreements.
This practical course involves working through case studies and undertaking original drafting of final consent orders that cover the widest range of provisions that arise as the result of a compromise on a financial relief claim.
Topics covered on this course include
- Differentiating recitals and orders
- The nature and effect of undertakings
- How to draft the range of property claims, including the default and interest provisions
- Constructing provisions for dealing with pension sharing and associated benefits
- Drafting the spousal financial claims, and collateral maintenance agreements for children
- Defining and drafting the less common provisions, relating to trusts, settlements and deferred interests
- Incorporating enforcement provisions and ensuring enforceability
"A certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
Under the SRA’s new approach to continuing competence, solicitors are expected to use the Statement of Solicitor Competence to identify and address their learning and development needs. The competence statement requires the following competencies:
A - Ethics, professionalism and judgement
B - Technical legal practice
C - Working with other people
D - Managing themselves and their own work