NIC Refresher & Update
Cost for BPP PD Members: £239 + VAT 3 CPD Hours
(£299.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will benefit anyone who would like a reminder of the key principles and rules of the National Insurance Contributions system and how they impact on both employers and employees.
This half-day course reviews the rules for the various classes of NI contributions and looks in detail at employers’ responsibilities. It also covers the position of the self employed. It shows how those with multiple sources liable to NIC can apply for deferral or claim refunds, and looks at the benefit of paying voluntary contributions. Finally, it deals with NIC for employees entering or leaving the UK.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- How NIC apply to wages and salaries
- Employers’ and employees’ liabilities
- The treatment of expenses for NIC
- Which non-cash benefits are caught
- How NIC applies to directors
- NIC and the self employed
- The annual maxima for those with several employments
- Payment of voluntary and backdated contributions
- Foreign aspects of NIC
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."