FRS 102 - Practical Challenges & Emerging Issues
Cost for BPP PD Members: £442 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£634.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will benefit anyone involved in the preparation, audit or analysis of financial statements prepared under FRS 102 The Financial Reporting Standard Applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
In December 2017 amendments were published to FRS 102 as a result of the First Triennial Review of FRS 102. These amendments are mandatory for accounting periods commencing on or after 1 January 2019, but early adoption is permitted. This course will consider the practical implications of these amendments, together with ongoing issues arising in the application of FRS 102, including the implications of Section 1A.
As a result of FRS 102 the guidance on distributable profits issued by the ICAEW and ICAS was revised by TR 02/17BL. The implications of these changes will also be considered.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the implications of the changes made to FRS 102 in December 2017;
- Apply the changes announced;
- Decide on when to apply the changes
- Better apply FRS 102 through a deeper understanding of difficult and debatable areas
- Understand the implications of FRS 102 for the calculation of distributable profits
Detailed course content
Course coverage will include:
Changes from the First Triennial Review in respect of:
- Investment properties
- Basic and other financial instruments
- Loans to companies from owners
- Business combinations
- The cash flow statement
- Gift aid payments
- Financial institutions
- Rejected amendments
- The timetable for future changes and the implications of IFRS changes
- Further practical challenges
- Accounting for non-financial investments (artworks, fine wine, etc)
- The fallback position when FRS 102 is silent
- Recap of the off-market lending issue
- The distributable profits guidance of TR 02/17BL, including the impact of off-market lending
- Deferred taxation
- Retirement benefits (including group schemes)
- Share based payments in private companies
- Issues from FRS 102 Section 1A
- The content of financial statements
- The true and fair problem
- Disclosure of directors’ emoluments
"A certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
This course has an online live option available. Same expert presenters delivering the same content to your desk or mobile over multiple days in short 180 minute sessions. Watch our 5 minute explainer video to find out more.
Online LIVE Dates - -
All online live sessions are 05:00 pm to 08:00pm
||23 Sep 2019
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
||17 Dec 2019
||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM