Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003
Cost for BPP PD Members: £360 + VAT 5.5 CPD Hours
(£450.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course is designed for partners and staff who require up to date knowledge of the new employment tax legislation.
This ITEPA Act has rewritten the primary tax legislation relating to employment income. Many people only appreciate that it has abolished Schedule E. The Act operated from 6 April 2003 and advice in relation to clients’ affairs will need to be based on the new legislation. You need to be aware not only of the 180 plus changes to the legislation but more importantly of how the legislation is structured. Fresh language has potentially created new meanings to the way the legislation can be interpreted.
Understanding the new legislation is particularly important in the context of any advice regarding share schemes where an in depth understanding of the Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (ITEPA) is necessary to understand the transition from the old legislation through ITEPA to the regime post Finance Act 2003.
Benefits of attending include better understanding of:
- The overall layout and structure of the Act
- The new methodology for determining an individual’s tax position on their employment related income based on their residence, ordinary residence and domicile.
- Where in the new legislation the method by which earnings and benefits are determined under ITEPA
- How all the exemptions and deductions which relieve tax on employment income operate
- How the share schemes legislation is brought together in one location and how it operates following FA 2003
- The starting points in the primary legislation for the PAYE Regulations which are changing later this year
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."