Life Cycle of an Equity Trade
Cost for BPP PD Members: £490.00 VAT + 6 CPD Hours
(£615.00 VAT for non BPP PD Members) Click Here for details of our membership scheme.)
This course will benefit those from investment and commercial banking areas and fund management, as well as those who support these constituencies.
This one-day course is intended to give a comprehensive overview of the mechanics of equity trading, the types of orders that can be placed for execution, and how clearing and settlement fits into the trading life cycle.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Who trades equity?
- Why do they trade?
- The role of stock markets
- The Trade Pipeline
- What do clients pay for?
- The roles of: market makers, proprietary traders, sales traders, research analysts and equity capital markets group
- Executing the Trade
- Secondary market
- Quote-driven (market makers, SEAQ)
- Order-driven (SETS)
- Hybrid Systems (SETS qx)
- Alternative trading venues – MTFs, Chi-X and others
- Different types of order (Market, Limit, Stop, Peg, Hidden, etc.)
- High frequency and algorithmic trading
- Confirming the trade
- STP (Straight Through Processing)
- Stock lending and borrowing
- Clearing the trade
- Settlement and Custody
- DVP (delivery versus payment)
- Custody services
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||17 Oct 2014
||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM