Corporate Actions - Introduction
Cost for BPP PD Members: £490 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£615.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will be of benefit to those who are new, recent or potential recruits to Corporate Actions departments. It may also be helpful to Front Office staff who need a greater understanding of Corporate Actions or those in IT roles looking to gain further understanding of the businesses they support. If you wish to gain a good understanding of a range of corporate actions, the processes, the jargon and an understanding of the potential risks and costs to the business of making errors when managing corporate action events, then this one-day course is for you.
The management of Corporate Actions is a key operational function and many staff joining Corporate Actions departments have little understanding of the activities of their new department. This course begins with an understanding of what corporate actions are and why they happen and takes attendees through the main types, in a logical way, explaining industry jargon along the way. No prior knowledge of the City or financial markets is assumed.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Definition and Purpose of Corporate Actions
- Characteristics of equities
- Characteristics of bonds
- Company meetings / voting
- Types of Corporate Action
- Mandatory with options
- Descriptions of the Main Types of Equity Corporate Action
- Dividends including cum-div, ex-div, record date, payment, scrip dividends
- Rights Issues including calculations
- Bonus / Scrip Issues
- Share splits
- Descriptions of the Main Types of Bond Corporate Action
- Rating change
- Callable and puttable bonds
- Life Cycle of a Corporate Actions Event
- Steps in the process
- Participants in the process
- Typical timetables
- The Corporate Actions Department
- Awareness of Corporate Actions in Foreign Jurisdictions
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||17 Nov 2015
||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM