Analysis of Financial Statements - Part 3
Cost for BPP PD Members: £980 + VAT 12 CPD Hours
(£1230.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will suit a wide range of professionals, including analysts, financiers, lawyers and equity investors who need to be able to understand and question group performance and cash flow, asset backing and financial risk.
This two-day course aims to provide a thorough insight into how consolidated financial statements are put together and reported alongside the pitfalls the accounts user and analyst should be alerted to. The course is based upon IFRS and incorporates changes in the area of group accounting.
An understanding of balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow statements and accounting ratios is presumed, along with basic analytical skills.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Group Accounting
- Joint ventures versus jointly controlled assets
- Fair value assessment
- Goodwill recognition and subsequent valuation
- Recognition of intangible assets
- Deferred consideration and out turn agreements
- Buying at a discount
- Informative notes to the financial statements
- Sale outside the group
- Partial disposals
- Intra-Group Activity
- Management and service charges
- Inter company receivables and payables
- Special Purpose Vehicles
- Quasi subsidiary versus separate non-controlled entity
- Changing group structures
- Reported group tax figures versus assessment of the individual entities
- Consolidated reported profit and assets versus the parent company
- Group financing arrangements, covenants and cross company guarantees
- Subsidiary non controlling interests
- Distributable profits
- Ratio analysis including JVs and Associates
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."