Company Accounts - Introduction
Cost for BPP PD Members: £490 + VAT 6 CPD Hours
(£615.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will be of benefit to those who work with financial statements and need to understand the basic aspects of the information that they contain, and those looking to gain a basic understanding of a company's annual report and financial statements, without having to analyse the information in detail.It is also a preferred prerequisite for those new to this area that wish to attend our Analysis of Financial Statements - Part 1 and Analysis of Financial Statements - Part 2 courses.
This one-day course is designed to provide an understanding of the primary financial statements and other main contents of published annual company accounts. The focus is on defining accounting terms and explaining key concepts so that you will be able to read an annual report with confidence. No prior knowledge of company accounts is assumed.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- How do Accounts Work?
- Objectives of accounts
- Sources of regulation
- Principles underlying financial reporting: Accruals; matching; and prudence
- Contents of Published Accounts
- Reading an Annual Report
- Identifying key information
- Understanding the main terms
- Recording Transactions
- The Financial Statements
- What do financial statements tell you?
- Balance sheet
- Profit and loss account
- Cash flow statements
- Linking the Statements Together
- Profit versus cash
- The link between the balance sheet, the profit and loss account and the cash flow statement
- Getting to Grips With Accounting Jargon
- Tangible and intangible assets
- Current assets
- Shareholders' equity
- Sales, EBIT and net income
- Retained profit
- Cash flow
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||16 Nov 2015
||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM