Cost for BPP PD Members: £490.00 VAT + 6 CPD Hours
(£615.00 VAT for non BPP PD Members) Click Here for details of our membership scheme.)
This course will be of benefit to those who need to understand the pricing aspects and especially the application of swaps, and who have little or no experience in using these instruments.
This one-day course is designed to follow on from the ‘Derivatives- Introduction’ course and hence a basic understanding of swaps is assumed. The course is designed to be highly interactive and ‘hands on’, relying on several excel based case studies to develop a detailed understanding of swaps and their applications.
Delegates are advised to bring a memory stick, if possible, in order to save information.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Introduction to the OTC Market
- Basic Financial Mathematics
- Risks and exposure management
- Interest Rate Swaps
- Description and terminology
- Single & Multi-period interest rate swaps
- Interest rate conventions
- Applying swaps to practical hedging situations
- Credit arbitrage (The principal of mutual advantage)
- Basic pricing (plain vanilla)
- Variations in structure
- Other pricing aspects
- Currency Swaps
- Long-term currency swaps
- Applying currency swaps to practical hedging situations
- Risk & pricing implications
- Equity Swaps
- Hedging using equity
- Inflation Swaps
- Brief overview
- Who uses them
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."