Trading & Technical Analysis
Cost for BPP PD Members: £1680 + VAT + 18 CPD Hours
(£2085 + VAT for non BPP PD Members) Click Here for details of our membership scheme.)
BPP Professional Education is pioneering a practical trading course to allow delegates with a background in finance and economics to experience first-hand how financial markets are driven in today’s volatile environment. Trading on a professional trading desk provided by BPP, delegates will be analysed in response to their investment decisions as they learn the divergence between economic theory and practice.
This three day interactive programme has been developed for professionals looking for a practical understanding of how fundamental analysis, technical analysis and behavioural finance factors affect asset class valuations in real time.
The approach taken is a combination of seminars introducing rigorous theoretical analysis and implementation of trading strategies in trading sessions. Experiences will be discussed in class and close supervision will be provided as the delegates trade.
Courses are capped at a maximum of 12 delegates. There are no specific pre-requisites for this course, although knowledge of macroeconomics will help in the application of trading strategies throughout the live sessions.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- The functionality of today’s financial markets:
- An introduction to trading including the relationship between the major intuitions within the financial market
- Explanation of how orders are matched and trades are priced in an order book system
- An introduction to exchanges, dealer networks and brokered markets meet the liquidity requirements of market users
- Practical application of financial theory in real time financial markets using a state of the art trading desk:
- Develop theoretical and practical application for trading across different asset classes in real time market conditions
- Learn how to use front desk trading systems to implement and analyse trading decisions
- Develop the skills to process market information and incorporate this in the investment decision making process. Create an awareness of the macroeconomic and government policies and how these translate into arbitrage opportunities in the market
- Recognise global opportunities for trading including the volatility and correlations of markets: trading and arbitrage opportunities
Technical Market Analysis and Application
Delegates will learn the application and use of the following technical tools to enhance their trading decisions in real time across asset classes:
- Support/Resistance/Trends/Trend Channels
- Implementing Moving Averages
- Bollinger Bands
- Pivot points
- Fibonacci Retracement
- Volume Analysis
A detailed study of how emotional behaviour affects the pricing of assets in the market. Also, how individual psychology affects traders’ decisions. Topics include:
- Cognitive Dissonance, fear and greed and the importance of discipline
- Efficient market hypothesis limitations
- The Kolbs cycle and continuous improvement in decision making practises
- Sentiment and human bias when making decisions under risk and uncertainty
- Kahnemen and Tversky’s prospect theory
- Proactive management of psychological factors that distort investment decisions
- Summary and recap of 3 days
- Trading performance review
- Key learning outcomes reviewed
Although this is a three day course, delegates will continue to have access to the remote trading room and all the trading software to use for a further two days. This will give an opportunity to further implement in practise the key theory learned.
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
||17 - 19 Nov 2014
||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM