Pension Scheme Accounts following FRS 102 & SORP
Cost for BPP PD Members: £239 + VAT 3 CPD Hours
(£299.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
The course will be relevant to all those involved in the preparation of accounts for pension schemes, including administrators, trustees, accountants and advisors. In addition it will assist those involved in the audit of pension scheme accounts and those involved in providing trustees with the required investment information.
Pension scheme accounting has been subject to significant change following the introduction of FRS 102 and the revised Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for financial periods commencing on or after 1 January 2015.
The course will consider the impact of the changes in pension scheme accounting and the experience gained to date on issues arising in complying with FRS 102 and the revised SORP.
In particular the course will consider the fair value and disclosure of scheme investments.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Background to FRS 102 and the revised SORP
- The form and content of pension scheme financial statements
- Determining the fair value of pension scheme investment assets
- Fair value hierarchy in valuing investments
- Disclosure of fair value determination
- Disclosure of investments and risks
- PRAG Practical Guidance on Investment Disclosures
- Annuity contracts
- AVC arrangements
- Pension protection fund
- Schemes in wind up
- Review of SORP illustrative format of financial statements
- Experience to date in compliance with the revised SORP
- Question and answer session on issues arising at present in pension scheme accounting
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."